Thursday, February 7, 2008

Narnia in Littleton

I was driving through my neighborhood today. The gutters overflowed with freshly melted snow. Not just a little trickle or a few melted snowflakes gliding down the path, but cold, icy water gushing down the street, spilling over the sides of the gutters moving fast. Fast fast, almost as fast as the water is cold. I was reminded of when Aslan finally returned to Narnia. The wicked queen had cursed the land with a bitter cold winter that trudged on unendingly. Then upon Aslan’s return, the snow melted in gushes. Green jumped out from underneath, as a track star does when the gun signals the start of the race. The freezing streams flowed down the mountainside and the hills. The melted snow rushed along paths and trails eager to release their once imprisoned energy. The arctic wind becomes a crisp but gentle breeze. Spring.

I drove through the neighborhood, my wheels being pulled slightly to the left and right by the mushy snow and ice on the roads. I looked at this Narnia in my neighborhood and thought about what is melting in my own life. What is my winter storm that has left me unendingly cold? I have felt these past weeks that something in me is melting. A wonderful, free and excited melting is occurring inside of me! Perhaps it is a newfound form of worship that lets me praise my Aslan in a way I never allowed myself to before. Recognizing God and celebrating every gift He gives to us. Perhaps it is my zeal for all in this life, and acknowledging from where it has come. Whatever is melting in me, all I know is I am falling in love with the spring and the One who brought it about.

No one controls the rivers. They flow with a mighty and boundless force. And yet, while they are wild and free, they still flow exactly on the path before them. I have confidence in where I am headed, and even though I cannot see around the river bend, I know that where I am going is full of excitement and passion.

1 comment:

ceichy said...

This is awesome my dear! BRING ON THE SPRING...and the beautiful flowers that come with it!