Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hope

This is a poem I wrote where I just write and write and don't think about the words that are forming and don't think about sentence structure and everything deep within me just kind of exposes itself on paper without my forcing it out and trying to put it in poetic and perfect form and instead it is a rambling expression of all the thoughts in my heart, kind of like this sentence.

Hope

Hello hello you crazy World
I've yet to believe
you're completely bad
I've still some hope
for your battered soul

Goodbye goodbye Sadness, you fiend
How dare you slither
and skulk your way
into our world
Be gone Be gone
and never you return

We need you no more
We tolerate you none

Shoo shoo, perish in flames
Our crazy world
can stand on its own
hope-filled feet now

No comments: