Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More on Shoes

I wrote about shoes earlier....however, I must retract part of my statement. I recently was going to meet up with a guy, and I gave a little extra thought to what I was going to wear. I assembled my whole outfit complete with accessories, and right before I headed out the door, I slipped on a pair of shoes. I remember thinking, "Ah dang, these shoes aren't exactly perfect for the ensemble I'm going for, but whatever guys don't notice your feet anyway." Later that night, he and I were hanging out and in passing he mentions my shoes with approval.

It was oddly nice to be noticed by this guy, and for even my shoes to be noticed. Maybe as women, we want the little things to be noticed and appreciated. Even if it is just a pair of shoes or a new haircut, even if it's that we say a certain phrase often, or that we have quirky little mannerisms when we speak, we just love that someone is interested enough to notice these little things about us.

No comments: